Universal Property & Casualty Insurance Company began in Florida in 1997 and currently provides coverage across 18 states. Our offerings include insurance for homeowners, renters, condos and landlords through our network of independent agents and our direct-to-consumer online platform.
We provide protection people deserve and the personal care they need.
Universal Property & Casualty Insurance Company operates under the umbrella of Universal Insurance Holdings, a publicly-traded corporation with the ticker symbol UVE. It operates through a vertically integrated structure and performs all aspects of insurance underwriting, distribution and claims.
• Have been growing for more than 20 years and have more than 800,000 policyholders today.
• Are represented by an independent agent distribution force of 9,300 agents throughout our geographic footprint.
• Are the largest private homeowners insurance company in Florida with approximately a 10% market share.
• Are organically grown in all our active states. In Florida, we have not participated in a Citizens take-out since our original JUA depopulation in 1998.
• Actively write home insurance in 19 states with a license in Iowa.
Universal Property & Casualty Insurance Company (UPCIC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc., is one of the leading writers of homeowners insurance in Florida. UPCIC is fully licensed and has commenced its operations in Alabama, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Virginia. We have established strong relationships with a network of over 7,000 independent agents by emphasizing personal interaction, offering superior services and maintaining an exclusive focus on homeowners insurance.